30.4.09

Carp Fishing Gear

In my last post, I talked about how I recently became a huge fan of carp fishing. The little research I have done tells me that there are many people with sophisticated tackle that I simply do not have right now. However, I feel beginning fisherman can still catch many fish with just the basic necessities. However, there are many new products available the will benefit you.

Right now my Carp Fishing Tackle is rather scant. I really cannot afford to go out and by a bunch of 12 foot rods or new reels. That is OK though, as my simple gear gets it done for now.

My carp fishing rod is a 7 foot medium heavy ugly stick. It can handle most species with ease. It takes some time to get used to rods that big, but it is worthwhile. It has landed some big bass in its day too.

My carp fishing reel is a daiwa spinning reel that is loaded with 10 lb stren. While it is not the strongest line, it can cast extremely far. This is key if you want to cover a lot of water when casting from shore.

It is important to have good equipment and rigs, but you also must be able to find the monsters to catch them. This can be done by personal research or word of mouth.

My rods and reels in the past have always been short and stout. I lost a great deal of casting distance and have learned from my mistakes.

Other carp tackle and gear includes a long handled net to land the trophies, a slingshot to shoot corn out to attract the golden beasts, and sticks I use to prop the rod up in the ground. These may be simplistic, but they do work.

Right now these rigs are all I have to work with, and they do work, I want to upgrade in the future though, as it could help me get a few more fish.

My carp tackle could use improving and within the next few months I may be able to get some new gear, but I want everyone to know you do not need the best gear to catch good amounts of fish.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Decent work, would like to see more on your carp fishing adventures and observations.